Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Preston MTC (Oct. 13, 2010)


oh baby! i don't even know where to begin. in my journal I wrote down things throughout the week that I wanted to tell all of you. there's so much!! how is everyone? I miss all of you but it is so great here in England. I love it. the weather has even been pretty nice. probably wont last long though. it has been a great week here. we finally got to watch all of conference. it took a week and a half but we finally watched everything. it was so good!! I loved it! It was weird not watching it with the fam though. I missed that, and the egg mcmuffins:)
   on friday i got a taste of what missionary work is like outside of the MTC. they took us to Manchester in the middle of this giant shopping area outside w a park and they gave us Book of Mormons and pass along cards and let us loose. it was so much fun!! I loved it! we talked to a lady and her sister on the train ride there. Her name is Cathy, her sister is a member and got baptized a few years ago. she still reads the BoM but doesn't go to church cause there isn't one close to her. Cathy wasn't interested in the church at all cause she is part of the church of england and didn't even want to hear anything. she was super nice and way cool. we talked for about 40 minutes and eventually told her about Joseph Smith and then we asked her if she would read the bom and I thought for sure she would say no but she took it and said she'd read it. we got all her info too so hopefully things will work out. right after that my comp and I talked to this guy, Daren. he is dynamite. we walked right up to him and it took him off gaurd. he was pretty startled and kinda jumped away but we talked to him for a really long time. he's a soldier and going to iraq soon but he said he wanted to hear more. he took a bom and we got his info too! those two people were amazing!! afte that it got a lot harder and not everyone would talk to us. we'd walk up to some people and say hi and they would act like we weren't standing right in front of them. it was sometimes a little scary to walk right up to people but I loved it overall. it was an amazing experience. my comp and i gave out 5 bom's and tons of pass along cards and we got a lot of numbers too. it was so cool. I loved it, there were times where i would bear my testimony and the spirit was so overwhelming and you would just wonder if the person was feeling any of it. this friday we get to go knock on doors! I'm so excited:)
  I feel like I'm so busy all the time and there isn't enough time to accomplish everything I want to do in my personal study time so my comp and i started waking up half an hour early so we could have extra time. it has been so good for me because I get a lot more done. I was reading our search for happiness one morning and it is such an amazing book. I love it so much. You need t read chapter 6. its on god's eternal plan. it is killer. I was thinking about dad the entire time I was reading it. you get so much more of an outlook on life when you are out in the missionfield studying the gospel all of the time. i feel like I have learned so much and my testimony has built up so much more. last night in class we read alma chp 17 and 18 and its about ammon. he is a rockin missionary. we looked for attributes he has that we want to develop in ourselves and there were so many things. humble, bold, fearless, thankful, knows the scriptures...so many things. He devoted his life to serving the lord. in the MTC we keep talking about how we need to keep both feet in the missionfield and I feel like I really have been. i think about home and i miss everyone but I love it here and I know it's where I am supposed to be. I know it. it feels so right and I feel so good here. I've had a hard time this week a little just because I want to be the best missionary I can be, I want to come home with no regrets but I just feel like I don't know how to do that. I know I can't be perfect but i just want to be so good and work so hard. it's like you just feel so bad whenever you mess up out here. it's intimidating but I can tell I'm improving a lot. we do role plays all day every day. the first time we did it I did pretty bad but I've gotten a lot better. we did one last night and even though it was a role play I felt guided by the spirit and I just felt like it went so well. the role play was with this guy who had taken lessons and gone to church and had even set a baptizm date but then his catholic fam got in the way and tried to persuade him not to join and the sister was even in the role play which made it even harder but the my comp and I focused on the bom. he said he believed it and Joseph Smith and so we bore our testimony and told him its true and it was just so powerful. all the right things were said. even though it was a role play it was still just so amazing. I loved it!
 we took a church history tour today. got to see where the first baptisms were in england. england is such a beautiful place!!!!! It's amazing. we also got to see where pres hinckley lived when he was first serving and when he got the letter from his dad that said forget yourself. it was cool to see all those places :)
 my time is up but I love all of you so much!!! I hope you are doing well. thank you so much for the letters, I feel so popular:) you are amazing!! Love you!
 love chels

No comments:

Post a Comment