Monday, June 27, 2011

Jannie Got Baptized!!


Jannie has finally been baptized! it was amazing! one of the best one's I've had so far. He was glowing the whole time, you could see how happy he was. it was amazing. I am so glad that I survived the transfer and got to be here for it :) It was a great night. there was a lot of support from the ward too which was great to see. the Lord has big plans for Jannie. I really want him to serve a mission...we'll see! after he was baptized the first thing he asked me was 'can I go inside the temple now??' he loves the temple and is so excited to go now. One of the ward members was telling me that Jannie was talking about how he wants a calling already. he wants to be a teacher :) he is so great, I've loved teaching him, I've learned so much from him. I didn't think I would see the day when he got baptized. I am so glad that he made the decision to move it forward. he will be a great asset to the ward too, they are pretty excited to have him as a member now. he is a personal trainer so the YM are planning an activity for him to come and have him teach them some things. everyone loves him! It's been fun to see him become part of the ward


 Robert came to the baptism. I had to really bug him about it to get him there but he finally came. I think he liked it and I think it helped him take a step closer to baptism. after the service i told him he was next. he didn't say no! we'll get there. eventually. I just hope I'm here for it. you can tell he knows it's all true I think he's just afraid of the commitment or something. plus quitting smoking is a big one as well. hopefully we'll see a miracle soon enough, I feel very strongly that I shouldn't give up on him yet but I don't know how much longer i can take. it's been a looooong time.
samuel is doing fine. the hardest thing has been getting him to come to church. he works every sunday. he's doing great though. he reads and prays every day. we haven't been able to get a hold of him for a couple days so I'm a little worried about that but I'm sure he'll be fine. 


ok I need some help. the YW have asked us to do a YW activity on missionary work. any good ideas? we are trying to come up with something good that will get them excited to do missionary work. I am having a hard time coming up with anything good though haha


well...not much has happened since I last emailed you. everything is going pretty well. we haven't done contacting in quite a while cause sister keogh has been pretty sick. she hasn't passed out for a week or two but she keeps getting sick. it's hard because I don't know how to help her. i usually just let her rest though haha I'm just too much of a softie I guess. just when i think she's getting better she crashes again. she's doing well today though. I don't know, we'll see how this week turns out :)

 they did a lot of changes in the mission this past transfer. I used to be in the Staines zone but now they've combined us with the Reading zone. Staines/Reading zone. they combined a few others too. our zone is massive now. there's like 30 missionaries in our zone now. it will be fun though. I've served around most of the elders here for quite a while now so it's been a lot of fun.


  I hope you are doing well! It sounds like everyone is doing really great. the weather has finally cleared up a bit out here. it is gorgeous today! who knows how long that will last though... thanks for everything! you are amazing and I love you so much! have a great week :)

love, sister chelsea gregson

philippians 3:13-14


No comments:

Post a Comment