Monday, June 6, 2011

Back to Work...Mostly!

hello!! how is my dear family today? it's been a weird week. sunday sister keogh passed out again but then it seemed like she was getting better so we went to work. mostly. sometimes she struggled so we wouldn't get in a full day but she did pretty good! just when we thought things were improving thursday comes around. we had worked all day that day, she really struggled but she is a champ and kept going as much as she could. we had ward council that night and by the end of it she looked like she could barely stand so we went home and then at about 10:20 we were kneeling together and she was saying a prayer and then right as she finished she leaned against the couch and her eyes started rolling in the back of her head again so I went to grab her a drink and when I came back she had passed out. she was only out for a couple seconds but its not good cause president is determined to send her home if it doesn't get better. we still think its because of lack of sleep and stress but there's no knowing for sure i guess. I think president shamo is worried that it might be more than that, maybe something to do with her brain. so that next morning we called president and sister shamo and told them she had passed out and instantly sister shamo said she needs to go back home and figure out the situation cause she can't work properly. then sister k talked to the mission psych and the mission doctor and they both had very different views on what to do. the psych said she can stay and he will work with her. the doctor said send her home. she's still here!! after that day things have gotten a lot better. we've done nearly full days of missionary work. she still struggles occasionally but she is doing so much better and she seems happier and more hopeful now. plus she hasn't passed out since thursday! yeah! I think she should be fine now, thank you for all the prayers :) they definitely helped. it really is a miracle that she is still here.

  this week has been nearly a normal one of missionary work! we got a new investigator this week who is so great! he is african, I think he's from nigeria. his name is samuel mbavarira. try and say it, I don't know how haha he is so cool! we met him on the high street and then taught him later this week and he had already read what we asked to read out of the book of mormon and then he read even more from it. he seemed to really enjoy it! we taught him about the restoration and he was very open to it and when we told him he needs to pray about it he said can I say a prayer right now? and said the most beautiful prayer. he is amazing. so humble and spiritual. we probably can't see him this week because he has to work till late in the night and the only days he can meet are usually wednesday but we have training on wednesday at the temple. he has two kids too so hopefully we can teach them as well!

  thank you for all the birthday letters :) my birthday was a pretty typical day of work but a member from the ward, squiggy, yes her name is squiggy :) took us out to lunch at a place called nandos to celebrate.  I originally decided to be very discrete about my birthday and not really tell anyone but that morning pres shamo called to ask how sister keogh was doing and I couldn't let that opportunity pass by so I said president I thought you were calling to wish me happy birthday! and then him and sister shamo sang happy birthday to me haha they are the best! I couldn't have asked for a better mission president, he is amazing. I always tell him that he is my favorite mission president and the other day he called me and said sister gregson this is your favorite mission president calling! haha what a great guy.

we had ward council this week and it is always so funny. the ward members are so much fun. a lot of them have the same sense of humor as our fam so you can imagine it gets pretty wild and loud. its fun though. we were talking about getting people to church and the director of napolean dynamite, Jared Hess and the writer of twilight, stephanie meyer, have been coming to the high wycombe ward cause their filming some movie. a spoof on some jane austen movie I think haha so the ward and I came up with a new approach of getting people to church and I'm just going to start asking if they like twilight and if not then how about napolean dynamite? I think people might be more interested in talking to me that way maybe :)

I don't really have much to update you on since it wasn't quite a full week of missionary work. but we're getting there! it was a lot more than it's been the whole transfer! we had a less active come to church yesterday who I have been working on for a while now so that was a miracle! I was so excited about that. the relief society president is her visiting teacher so we've been working on her together and it seems like we might be getting somewhere. yesterday we talked to her about me and sister k teaching her and her family and she seemed interested in that so let's hope it goes somewhere. she is a great lady, the hard thing with her is work. she works a ton and has horrible hours.

  Jannie is doing great as always. Robert is frustrating still. but he's coming to church again! he still has work on sundays but he goes in early then comes to sacrament and then goes back to work. who knows why since he still doesn't know if God is there. obviously something is pulling him back :) he knows its true he just doubts too much. he even prays everyday. explain that one to me. I asked why he prays if he doesn't think god is there and he couldn't really answer but he keeps doing it anyway. he'll get there. who knows how much longer it will take.... we're having dinner and fhe at a members house with him so hopefully they can help us say something that will inspire him

   anyway my time is about up so I gotta get going. missionary work is the best. it's hard but it's good. thank you for everything!! I love you so much! I know this week was a hard one for you, I could tell in the emails. sunday was a hard day with the anniversary of dad's death. it was for me and it sounds like it was for you too. I got a blessing that day from one of the elders that really helped me. I hope you are doing well. we are so blessed to have the gospel in our lives and know that we will see him again one day soon :) what a special day that will be! I hope you are doing well mom. I pray for you everyday. heavenly father is aware of you and of your needs. he loves you. and so do I!! thank you so much for everything! I love you so much. have a great week!

love, sister gregson
ps romans 8:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment