Monday, May 30, 2011

So That's What it's Like to be a Temple Square Missionary

hello! how are you? thank you for the letters and all the encouragement! :) and of course the birthday present! I got it a little early and couldn't resist so I already opened it. thank you :) I loved it!

well let's see. I don't know where to start. the last two weeks have been nuts. sister Keogh and I haven't even had a full proper day of missionary work. we got pretty close on saturday haha it's but soo crazy. As you know, she's been really sick and she's been passing out a lot so they moved us to oxford for a few days to stay with a senior couple. then on tuesday they moved us to the temple. we got to work in the visitors center on the grounds so that was really fun. I loved it! there were times where it would get really slow cause no one would come in...let's just say I read almost an entire book on the Christus. I know way more about that statue than I ever dreamed haha they told me to read it so I can tell people stories about it when they come in. But it was fun staying at the visitors center. it was good for sister keogh as well because it helped her feel like she was actually being a missionary even though she's so sick.

We met with President Shamo on wednesday. first he took sister k in his office to talk with her and then he pulled me aside to talk with him and he asked what we should do. he said he was ready to give her a medical release that day and have her home by thursday. I figured that would be the case cause she's been so ill but I've been thinking a lot about the options and I know she needs to stay and I know we were put together for a reason. I know she is supposed to be on a mission. she will easily be the best missionary in this mission. I know that. so I told him all of that and I told him to keep us at the visitors center for a few days and go from there. so then he met with sister keogh again and then they called her parents and her dad was like just leave her. she'll get better. (we think it's due to lack of sleep/stress) so I think between the three of us we were able to convince president to let her stay. so he kept us at the visitors center till friday. it was fun. all the senior couples there treated us like royalty haha it was like a dream. president even gave us permission to go to the temple EVERYDAY that we were there!!! it was an amazing experience. I haven't been to the temple since december and so going three times in one week was so amazing. it is the best place on earth. the minute I walked in to the temple I was overwhelmed with the spirit and after i had changed and sat in the chapel I just cried. I'm such a baby haha but I love the temple so much and I was so happy to be there. plus when I am at the temple I can always feel my dad a bit closer than usual. I've been thinking a lot about him lately and how it will be three years on June 5. I can't believe it's been that long since I've seen him but I'm so grateful that I have the knowledge of the gospel and that I'll see him again :) I just wish I could get a big bear hug from him and hear his laugh. I miss that.

anyway, temple three times this week was definitely the highlight. I love it there.

so then on friday our zl's picked us up and we went back to our area that night. sister koegh seemed like she was doing better so the next day we went straight to work. she did ok until about 6 and then she could go anymore. she did her best though. then yesterday during stake conference she didn't look so good and after I asked the bishop to give her a blessing and while we were waiting she passed out again. a member caught her right before she fell out of her chair. it was wild. so we hurried and got her a blessing and then took her back to the flat. she almost passed out again when we got to our flat....I've gotten used to it by now which probably isn't a good thing...ha

we talked to president and he said he is going to make a final decision on tuesday what to do with her. he had called me when she was asleep and told me that he has already picked out a mini missionary I can serve with if he has to send her home.. I didn't have much of a response to that at the time but I really feel that she needs to stay on her mission so I'm going to talk to him and see if we can just serve at the visitors center until she's better. all I know is he can't send her home. she wants to be out so bad too. it's been really hard on her so just keep her in your prayers please :)

that pretty much sums up my week. things are going well. I love being here. my comp is awesome. president shamo is easily the best president I could have asked for, I've been able to talk to him a lot lately cause he's always checking up on sister k and he is so fun to talk to. he reminds me of dad :)

thank you for everything!! I love hearing from you and everyone. I loved all the pics you sent! I have the cutest family ever. and the cd's were very much needed. thank you!

one thing that I have loved during this time with sister keogh is I've had a lot of time to really dive into the scriptures and recieve answers to prayers and comfort. I think my favorite thing right now though is reading the conference talks. in our flat we have some from nearly 20 years ago and they are so cool. I love reading the words of the prophets, that always seems to give me the most enlightenment. this morning sister keogh and I did a study of the life of mormon and it was amazing, we were able to get a better grasp of who he was.

anyway, love ya! thanks for everything!!! you are amazing. I love you

love, sister gregson

ps romans 8:31

pps check out the song how great thou art/clair de lune by josh wright. AMAZING

LOVE YA

No comments:

Post a Comment