Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Transfers!!

February 23, 2011

well it's transfers and guess what?! i'm staying in wycombe and so is sister allred! haha not much of a change but we're excited because things have really picked up this last week and we're teaching some great people. I love the ward as well. they are so amazing. I feel like I've been friends with these people forever. I have so much fun with them. the other night we were teaching someone at the church and as we were leaving there were a couple members there who were putting a band together. one brought his sax, one was at the piano and one had an electric guitar. so as we were leaving I couldn't resist the opportunity of a little jam sesh. I miss those! I joined them and started singing hey jude haha it was so much fun!!! 

 this week has been really cool. we're still teaching the Gomez family, the portuguese family. they still haven't come to church but they are really liking the lessons we teach them. all of them except the oldest boy anyway. he's the only reason they don't come to church. we taught them about the tree of life the other day and we had them draw a picture of what they thought it looked like. it was so funny. in one of the pictures their strait and narrow path had a round about haha england is obssessed with round abouts. 

   we started teaching a guy named emmanuel smith this week. he is amazing. he is from africa, he is really tall and you'd think he'd be way intimidating but he is so soft spoken. I can barely understand him when he talks. He has a friend who is a member in London and so he was a referral. yet another one!! I love member referrals :) as we've been teaching him he has loved it and he came to church on sunday and really enjoyed it. we were teaching him the plan of salvation last night and he said that he felt the spirit so strongly as we were teaching. it was so cool. he started talking about how he tries to read the book of mormon everyday and every time he does he feels so good and gets so excited. it was amazing to see his face light up as he started talking about it. well, the first time we met him he committed to baptism so he is getting baptized on march 12!!!! we hadn't even started talking about baptism he just asked if he could get baptized. that makes my job pretty easy :) however, this is the tough part. his family is in Nigeria still and they are all muslim. he was basically raised muslim. he never really liked it though and recently started looking into christianity and loves it so much. he told his family he's been going to church and getting baptized and they are not happy at all. so now President Shamo has to interview him before we teach him anymore because it gets so messy with muslims. it's kinda scary. apparently you put their life at risk and your own as well...I don't know why. so we're supposed to see him again on friday but I don't know if we can now because we can't teach him anything else until he's had his interview.... crazy stuff. 

  Angie is doing well. well last I heard haha. she is impossible to get a hold of lately. but last time we taught her she was so happy and said she's felt so good since her baptism. her and her mom are hoping to go through the temple on their one year mark. we are aloud to go through with people we've taught so I would get to go!!! that would be amazing!! I'm hoping I can go with Jo Bishop as well. I am so lucky to have a temple in my mission. I wish I could go do a session though. I miss it. Angie is already a little missionary :) she is telling people about the church and she is planning on giving a book of mormon to one of her co workers. she is so great :) 

  so we went knocking the other day and the very last door we knocked on had the coolest garden I have ever seen. it was like a fairy tale. the guy was pretty funny. we complimented him on his garden and then he was like wait till you see the back and he took us around and...well i don't know how to describe it but it was so cool!! he's been working on this garden for like 25 years and...I don't know I really can't describe it. my camera had died so I don't have pictures either. but it was cool. it was like a fairytale/dr seuss world. his name is keith howkins, you could probably do a search on google for him and find some pics. you would have died though, it was amazing. there is a bush in his front yard that he had shaped into a train...things like that. haha

  anyway. things are going so great here!! I love High Wycombe and I love serving the people here. I've learned so much about myself since I've been here and everything means so much more to me. I was so naive before!!! the church is true, the book is blue, and I love you!!! have a great week!!! love you so much!
 love, sister gregson.

ps thanks for sending the contacts, I will try and send the other ones back soon when i get the chance. it was fun talking to you the other day :)

pps funny story, I was on the bus the other day and this little boy that looked like ron weasley told me I have an adorable accent haha

love ya!!

No comments:

Post a Comment