Wednesday, May 25, 2011

London Town

May 2, 2011

hello! how are you? so you're still getting snow? ha that is so crazy. hopefully it will warm up soon! England is gorgeous right now, I LOVE it! I've seen the sun a lot more than I was expecting to :)
 It sounds like you guys had a party watching the royal wedding haha that day was a bit of a joke. all of England shut down. literally. no one was outside. it was great though. we got a call that morning from our district leader telling us president shoma gave us permission to watch it!! haha yeah, i'm serious :) it's embarrassing how excited I was to see it. I didn't think I cared that much but I guess I did! we went to a members house to watch it, it was pretty fun to see. 

 well. this week has been another hard one. I don't know what's happened in High Wycombe but no one is listening to us right now. it's really hard. we go out proselyting all day every single day and we can barely get a conversation in. Its really hard, especially when we have to account for the day every night and you have nothing to show for it. I'm worried that president will bring different missionaries in the next transfer. he is always doing that. and honestly I wouldn't be surprised if he does it with us which makes me sad cause we're working so hard!! I've been on my knees praying to Heavenly Father so much. And I've been able to feel a lot of comfort and love from him. It seems like the times that are the hardest are the times you learn the most so I've been praying that I can learn what I am supposed to learn right now and I am slowly figuring it out. everyday I've been reading conference talks from old ensigns I've found in our flat and I've found so many that have really helped me and at church on sunday I was able to feel the spirit so strongly and it gave me added strength. I know that if I put my trust in the Lord and do my best the rest is in His hands. 

 We have been able to see some miracles though. Robert is doing a bit better this week. He has taken ages to really recognize the spirit but he's starting to. we taught him on Saturday and we talked about the BOM the whole time. It was unexpected but I felt prompted to tell him about dad. I told him about when dad was so sick and he could hardly do anything for himself and how one day I was sitting at our kitchen table and dad was sitting in the living room in his chair. I remember just sitting there watching him, one hand was rubbing his head because he was in so much pain and the other hand was going through the pages of the book of mormon while it was sitting in his lap and he was crying. As I've studied the bom I've better understood why it meant so much to him and it's given me a stronger testimony of the gospel and i didn't even realize that until I came out here. that moment changed my view of this church and everything within it. as I told this to Robert I felt the spirit so strongly and I hope he felt it too! he is getting it. slowly, but he is.
anyway, I'm out of time, Love ya!! thank you for everything!! talk to ya later :)

 love, sister gregson

No comments:

Post a Comment