Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sister Keogh

May 16, 2011

 I got my new companion on wednesday! her name is sister Keogh (key-o) and she is from dundee scotland! she is brand new, straight from the MTC and guess what? she's already broken.. she sprained her ankle on Monday and then she hurt it again on wednesday right before I met her. So she's on crutches. it's pretty sad. the poor girl. welcome to the mission!

this week was pretty dull to be honest haha she was on pain meds that made her really tired and really sick so we've been in the flat for like 4 days.......I'm going crazy. so is she. she's been really upset with the situation the last couple days cause we can't go out and work. sister Shamo told us to go to appointments when we have them and then just go right back to the flat so sister keogh can rest. we didn't even have hardly any appoinments so most of our time was spent in the flat. its nice and clean though! and I had the office order us new beds cause ours are awful and we were home all day so they could deliver them to us. It was probably the most exciting time of my day when they came to deliver them.

I've also called like a thousand former investigators so I could be doing some type of missionary work. no luck there haha. so yeah. it's been...fun :) Sister Keogh will be an amazing missionary once I get her out there. she's really quiet but she is an amazing teacher. I've had her practice teaching me a couple lessons and wow, I felt like she was the one training me! she'll be one of the best ones in the mission I bet.

I've been doing my best to try and cheer her up cause she's pretty upset but she doesn't think I'm as funny as I do haha oh well.

I'll keep trying, she says she's just upset with the situation. who can blame her? she was up a little bit more yesterday at church and then we had an appointment and it seemed like she was getting a little better but this morning she's in a ton of pain again so I don't know what will happen. sister shamo said to call her tonight and talk to her about it, I don't know if they'll send us to the visitors center to stay there for a while cause sometimes they do that. or maybe they'll just send her there and I'll stay and get a new comp. I don't know. sooo we'll see? 

  Robert is doing ok. his job has asked him to start working on sundays and he said he tried to get out of it but I don't think he tried very hard. I don't know what to do. I think we'll probably back off for a little bit, the YSA is really good and getting him to institute and other activities so that we'll be good.
  Jannie is doing great! still has every intention of being baptized in august. I think I've finally decided I'm ok with that. I wish i could be there for it but I've been in High Wycombe for a while, I don't know if I'll last another 3 months. he's awesome though. he's a dry mormon. he introduced himself to sister keogh yesterday and told her he is a member of the church! so that's good! haha

  yeah... that's about all I have to report on. we may start teaching this new guy, his name is tyrone and he is awesome! he looks like big mike from the blind side haha huge guy but he is so sweet. I met him when I was with sister Mocza. we were knocking on his neighbor's door and he was in his car and then called us over so we started talking to him. he is 19 years old and he doesn't really know what he believes but he really wants to learn more. we had appointment with him but because of sister Keogh's injury we had to cancel it cause she couldn't get around at all that day so hopefully we will see him soon. he is way cool!
  anyway, I hope things are going well back home! it sound like things are great. as always thank you so much for everything that you do for me. it means so much to me and it keeps me going. I look up to all of you soo much:) I love you!!
 love, 
 sister gregson

 ps 1 kings 19: 11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment