Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Walkin in a Wycombe Wonderland

January 12, 2011


transfers week! I am staying in wycombe!! in fact, our whole zone is staying the same except for two elders that are going home...crazy! I'm excited though. I like high Wycombe and we still have loads of work to do while we are here. we have alyssa's baptism on Saturday!!! I am so excited! it will be great, she is so amazing. I love seeing how willing and excited she is to change her life and to learn more about the gospel. she hasn't questioned one thing we've taught her. she accepts it all. she's really looking forward to her baptism. can't wait!! we taught her the other day about the law of chastity and modesty and then the next day she had us come over and she tried on all her clothes for us to have us tell her what she could wear and what she couldn't. she is the funniest girl ever. it was probably the greatest law of chastity teach ever, I can't describe it...let's just say that as we were leaving she got online and started online shopping for a  'chastity belt'. yep. believe it. she is too funny. I love her
 today has been really wierd. a man in our ward passed away last week and his funeral was this morning so we were going to it, but as soon as i got there all these memories of dad's funeral and the day he died came rushing back to me and I completely broke down. we ended up not even staying for the funeral, we left before it even started. I just couldn't control myself and you know how I get.. so we left and went back to our flat for a little bit and I fell asleep for like 2 hours. It was really wierd. i'm doing fine now. the hardest part was that the people I would normally turn to aren't anywhere near me. It was hard. I haven't reacted that way for a while, I think sister allred felt really bad cause she didn't know what to do. but don't worry, I'm fine now :) It was just really wierd cause that was the moment when i've wanted to see my family and friends the most to talk to someone but I couldn't.

anyway, this last week has been wild! we have been so busy that we barely had time for lunch or dinner half the time because of all our appoinments. we would plan our day and then not even realize we hadn't put in a lunch or dinner break. I love being busy though. I think it is so much fun. there was one point in the week where I was pretty frustrated cause the week before we worked so hard to find more people to teach and it just didn't seem like it was paying off AT ALL but we're starting to see results. we are meeting with this girl Shanna tonight. she is cool. we knocked on her door the other night, she's from the carribbean! she was really surprised that we knocked on her door cause she's been thinking a lot about going to church and building her faith. we talked to her for quite a while and she was really excited to learn more so we're going to her place tonight to teach her. that same night on the same street we knocked on this other lady's house and when she opened the door she just started laughing. turns out she is a major less active and hasn't come to church for years. she said she's been thinking a lot the past couple days about coming back to church but hasn't gotten herself to do so. pretty big sign for ya when missionaries show up on your door yeah? she just laughed the whole time. but she said she's still not ready to come back to church so we're just going to start meeting up with her and hopefully we'll get her active again.

so the story with the qoran pic. it happened a while ago but I don't think i told you about it. we stopped a guy on the street one of my first nights in wycombe and I started talking to him about the book of mormon and I read moroni 10:4 to him and told him to read and pray about it. he asked me why he should read it if I'm not willing to look into other religions and then he started telling me all about the qoran. we ended up making a deal. he told me he would read and pray about the book of mormon only if I would get a qoran. he then gave me some mans phone number and said the guy would send me a free qoran and he said he would keep in touch with this guy to see if I actually order it. if I didn't call the guy he wouldn't read the bom so that night I called the guy and now I have a qoran sitting in my flat :) I did my part of the deal so hopefully he does his!!

well I gotta go!! I love all of you soo much!! thank you for everything! i love all the letters :) I hope you're all doing well. LOVE YOU!!!
 love, chels
 

~~MIRACLES~~
M: owen-knocked on his door, talked forever!
T: Lee, Dan
W: Richard, Alyssa put away her immodest clothes
TH: Amazing district meeting, Jason
F: Madeline came on teach, busy ALL day, Valerie
Sat: Gomez fam committed to coming to church, Laura came on teach
Sun: Sylvia grant, major less active, came to church
M: shanna, squiggy took us to Nandos. squiggy is this old lady in our ward and she is so cool! she took us and two elders out to lunch at Nandos. she is way funny. at one point she was eating and then stopped and looked up and just said 'this. is. awesome.' and then kept eating. she is too cool haha love her!
T: teach with Robert was great!!




No comments:

Post a Comment