Wednesday, May 25, 2011

England Needs Jesus

April 25, 2011 

 hello! happy easter! it sounds like you guys had so much fun with all those girls from Katie's work. that was cool of you to have them over for dinner. wish I could have met them all! My easter was different but it was good :) we had dinner with my favorite portuguese lady from the ward, Laura Lapa. she is amazing. I love her! she is like family to me, she reminds me of our fam cause she is really sarcastic, its great :) she makes really good food too. sometimes she'll get a bit creative though and it can be scary haha one time she fed us bbq sardines... of course I ate them! but I don't know, not a huge fan of food with a little face staring at me. Yesterday we had another bbq and we had...get this... pig ears!! ?? haha we walk to the back yard and I look at the grill and there was chicken and ribs and ...ears. haha

 I'm always up for trying new things but it was not good. oh my days it was just wrong. sister Mocza wouldn't even eat one haha I only had a couple bites of mine and I had made sure to put on tons of seasoning to hide the taste. actually there wasn't really a taste to it but the texture was awful. you could even see little hairs on one end of it. (don't worry, i didn't eat that end) definitely not your traditional easter dinner but everything except the ears was really good! :)

I don't know what is going on in High Wycombe right now but things are really slow right now. Robert is struggling a bit too so that's been hard cause I've worked so hard with him!! he quit smoking on Monday but then he started again on Thursday so we've set another schedule to get him to quit again but I think when he started smoking again he hit a speed bump or something and lost motivation. he didn't come to church yesterday, it was the first time he hasn't come since he started coming which was probably a month or two ago. when I called him to ask why he wasn't there he said he was really tired so he was sleeping and he said he was sorry but he'll come next week but he didn't even seem too bothered about not being there. It made me so sad because he was doing soo well and now I can tell he's starting to fade.. I don't know how to help him. we're seeing him on wednesday so hopefully I can talk to him about it. He's seen so many miracles since we've started teaching him, he's just overlooking all of them. 

  We're still doing a ton of finding as well. not as much as last week but we're still doing a lot. we're having a hard time getting people to progress or even listen really. It's been difficult. I feel bad for sister Mocza, her last transfer and she's just finding all day every day. she was in her last area for 10 1/2 months and president had told her she would finish her mission there and she loved it there and was so excited to stay but then he decided to move her. it's hard for her because she doesn't know anyone or anything. she just got an email that her grandpa died so she might be going home early now so I don't know what is going to happen this week. Sister Mocza is so amazing. I look up to her so much. she was only a member for one year before she went on her mission and she didn't speak any english when she got here cause in the england mtc they don't teach english so she had to learn on the street with no training beforehand. she's incredible. I've learned so much from her.


we did an exchange this week with sisters serving in Bracknell. sister Mocza went to bracknell and sister mcmanis came here to serve with me for a day. it was so much fun! Sister mcmanis is going home at the end of this transfer as well. she is a great missionary. she gave me a lot of great advice too, I've been struggling with a couple of things and when we were on the bus she was just talking about her mission and some of the things she had said were literally an answer to my prayers! it was amazing. we had a blast. 

  anyway, I gotta go but thank you so much for everything! I got the package :) stop sending me candy haha but I loved the plan of salvation chart! it is soo cute!!

 I hope you have a great week! watch the royal wedding for me this week haha. It think all of england is shutting down that day so I don't know what we're going to be doing... people here are obssessed with it. it's so funny, we walked past this pub the other day and there were flags up everywhere of william and kate in little hearts. at a pub haha adorable.


well thank you for everything! I love you so much and I am so grateful for all you do for me! you're amazing. Have a great birthday this week!!!!!! wish I could be there for it. treat yourself to Normandys, on me!
I love you :)
Love, chels

No comments:

Post a Comment