Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Back to Work

December 27, 2010

  hiya! it was so much fun talking to you on Christmas!!! it was cool to do skype so i could see all of you. my new niece is adorable:) it was great talking to everyone though. I loved it!  that hour definitely flew by, I couldn't believe it. all of you look great, I think I missed the egg mcmuffins the most though!

I feel like I don't have much to say cause it's only been a couple days since I talked to you. this last week was wierd for sure. we were so busy with dinners and things that we didn't get a whole lot of teaching done but we were still able to teach some people. talking to people on the streets wasn't very fun cause people are mean around the holidays! I was kinda shocked at how rude they were. but anyway, i told you about the other day when we taught Alyssa and she told us she knows the Book of Mormon is true and Joseph Smith. that was one of the greatest experiences I've had so far! she felt the holy ghost in her life and she knew it was God giving her an answer to her prayers. It was amazing to be there hearing about how good she felt and how coming to church and reading the BOM are changing her life. she is doing great. Christmas was a little rough with her and her dad. I guess they got into a few arguments and she was pretty upset about it and she's been struggling with a few other things as well so on sunday we asked Bishop to give her a blessing and she loved it. she said everything about the church is weird but its a really good weird haha her baptism has been pushed back to the 15 of January because she wants bishop to baptize her and he will be in Spain on the 8th. she's really looking forward to her baptism. she is amazing! ...like I said, a little rough around the edges but she's great!

we had a baptism on wednesday for a girl named Lina. she is so cool. she lives in Reading so those elders baptized her but the people who introduced her to the church live in High Wycombe so the sisters would teach her at their house all the time. I've only met her a couple times but she's way cool and she was so excited about her baptism. it was a great experience. we were able to go even though it was in Reading. we brought alyssa with us as well and she loved it. the spirit was so strong and when she walked into the font bro grant, the man who baptized her, messed the prayer up the first two times and then the last time he paused and the spirit just filled the room and after that it was perfect! Lina bore her testimony after the baptism and it was really cool to hear her testimony of the BOM and Joseph Smith and how much she loves church.

 I'm looking forward to this week! my comp and I have set some really great goals and we're going to be working really hard to make up for last week:) last week was just crazy.

Oh! I almost forgot, Laura, the girl I was teaching in Chi. sis boleska called me the other day and said Laura wrote down her testimony and she's going to send me a copy of it and she's going to read it next testimony meeting! she is amazing! I think president is going to let me go back to chichester for her baptism:)

anyway, I love you all! it was great talking to you the other day!! thanks for everything! love love love you!
  love, sister gregson

No comments:

Post a Comment