Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Thanksgiving, sideways snow and transfers...

this week has been crazy! transfers were so mixed up for some reason. we were supposed to get moves calls on tuesday morning and then be transfered on wednesday but we just barely got moves calls this morning. we thought that sister boleska would be leaving and I would stay in Chi cause she's been here for 6 months but I am leaving! I am so sad. I really love it here. the people are so great and I have been having a great time with sister boleska. she is a great missionary and we've had loads of fun and success. so Chichester is the lower part of the mission and I am now going to the top part of the mission to High Wycombe. the girl who is back up training me has only been out one transfer longer than I have so I'm super nervous to see how it will go but I've heard she is a good missionary and I'm excited to go somewhere new. the thing I am saddest about is leaving Jo Bishop. we still don't know when I am actually going to High Wycombe. they haven't told us yet but Jo's baptism is tomorrow and there's a huge possibility i won't be here for it. I am so sad about that... she has been so amazing and I have loved teaching her. Her testimony is so strong and she is just incredible. she is so excited about her baptism and I really hope I can be there. she is so cute, she made sister boleska and I cupcakes for thanksgiving and we gave talks in church on sunday and she wanted a copy of my talk. I feel like i've known her forever, she is just an amazing woman. aahh!! I hope i get to be here for her baptism.. we don't know why transfers have been so delayed. i think President is just doing his best to make sure he gets it all right. he is so inspired and so in tune with the spirit and so I know that everything that happens comes from God and even though I'm sad to leave I know I'm going where I need to be.
 Thanksgiving was pretty good! not the same but it was good. we had a lunch appointment and dinner too! the ferris family fed us dinner and i was so excited because it was fun to be surrounded by so many people. they remind me of all our little cousins running around. the food was good. turkey and stuffing. but the stuffing was nothing like ours :( i definitely missed that. they also fed us pigs in a blanket but here that is sausage wrapped in bacon....basically fat wrapped in fat... sick.
  it's been snowing tons here! we woke up to almost a foot of snow the other day. we had a member tell us that Chi is the florida of england......... that makes me nervous to go to High Wycombe. if it's bad here it's going to be horrible there..apparently this is the most its snowed here in like 50 years or something. it snows sideways here, its makes it really hard to talk to people so we mostly just go knocking.
  we've been doing these missionary christmas concerts for the wards in our zone and it was going to be a choir of missionaries but now it's pretty much just me and an elder doing the whole show. Elder Fabiano is amazing at the piano so he plays while I sing. it's been a lot of fun to do a christmas show cause that's something I miss about this time of the year. we do songs like oh holy night and what child is this. it turned out pretty well considering we never practiced together. my piano skills are definitely being tested. I have become the chichester relief society pianist and singer and the district pianist. it's pretty funny. I'm awful at sight reading so it's good practice!
 we are teaching this way cool guy, Rob. he is the funniest guy ever. He is Jack Sparrow. he doesn't look like him but his gestures and mannerisms are exactly the same. it is so funny. He is this skinny kid, 19, and he wears this goofy leather hat with ear flaps and a huge old lady fur coat. He is so smart and has so many questions. he is considering baptism but he wants to make sure he knows the church is true first cause he doesn't want to feel like a fake. he came to church on sunday and he said he loved it and he felt so welcome and he is excited to come next week. we have been teaching a lot of great people here. I can't believe I'm leaving!! Laura set a date to be baptized on January 8 and her mom is finally supporting her and wants to be there for it. we also started teaching this new girl lauren. she gets so excited about the things we teach her but I think she will have a hard time leaving the church that she currently goes to.
 anyway, this week has been really great!! i love it here and i'm having a blast. This week I learned how important service is. not just serving the people you teach but also your companion. I need to be better about that. service is so important and if we do not have charity we have nothing. sister boleska is always serving me. she made my bed the other day or she'll make me dinner sometimes. I really took her for granted the first couple weeks. there were some things I wanted to change but i've been lucky to have her as a companion. she is really great and so smart. I've learned so much since I came on my mission. i love it here. my testimony has grown so much. I've realized how importance it is to truly study the scriptures and not just read them and to also pray with a sincere heart. I feel so much closer to the Lord and I am starting to see more and more the importance of the gospel and how lucky I am to have it in my life. missions are the best!!
  well I gotta go! we're checking out a church of england meeting today :) I love all of ya and I hope you're all doing great! oh! and I got that package you sent, thank you so much! the handwarmers were probably the best part!! I got it on Thanksgiving so good timing! thanks for everything! I love you
  love, sister gregson
*MIRACLES*
   Monday- handwarmers! ; taught lauren and she loves learning about the church
   Tuesday- district meeting was amazing, talked about christlike attributes; saw emma; teach w rob was amazing
   Wednesday- we made it to Jo even though the trains were barely working cause of the snow.
   Thursday- emma stayed when we came to teach laura
PS. just because I didn't get to call you to sing to you...
  I am a utah man sir and i live across the green. our gang it is the jolliest that you have ever seen. our co eds are the fairest and each ones a shining star. our yell you hear it ringing from the mountains near and far.
 Who am I sir a utah man am I, a utah man sir I will be till i die!!!! Kiyi!!





 UTES BABY:)

No comments:

Post a Comment