Wednesday, May 25, 2011

High Wycombe!

December 13, 2010

so when I got my call to england everyone said how diverse it is. Chi was sort of diverse but High Wycombe is crazy! there's people from all over the world. loads of africans, I love them:) the people here are so cool. everyone thinks I'm either spanish or Italian still. I've now had I think 6 people ask me if I'm from spain so now I talk with a weird spanish accent to fool them but I just sound like Nacho Libre. I want to get a map and mark all the places people are from that I talk to. Ghana, St. Vincent, jamaica, portugal, bolivia, italy, iran, we even have some americans in our ward! the other day we were walking on the high street, which is where all the shops are, and we were standing out side of mcdonalds watching native americans all dressed up doing some traditional dance with a castle in the backround...only in england!! on our way here to email there was a guy in the street playing his bagpipes. I love it here!!

 My comp is sister Allred. she is 24 and she's way cool. things are going so great here. we've had so much success this week, we've talked to so many people and gave out all our BOMs. she said she had a really hard time with her last comp so she's been excited about how well its been going already. I was sad to leave chi. I miss it a ton but it is so fun here. I feel so much better with sister allred, she is a really hard worker. we've been having a lot of fun too. I think in my first transfer I was just trying to figure it all out but now that I sort of have things figured out its improved a ton.
we met this girl, Juliette, this week. actually it was a referral recieved from elders in the london mission. they met her in london but she lives right by us. she is so amazing. she has had a really really hard life and has been abused a lot in the past in any way you can imagine but she is so strong and somehow stays pretty happy, but she said she is ready for something new and was so excited to meet with us and learn from us. the first time we met with her we committed her to baptism and she said yes!!!! sister allred and i were shocked but she is so excited. she said she's been looking for religion for a while and is so eager to have God more present in her life. she is going to get baptized on January 8. aahh!! I can't believe it! she really is a miacle. she came to church on sunday and absolutely loved it. she said she thought it would be boring but she thought it was really great. we taught her about Joseph Smith and it was as though she had heard his story before. she thought the first vision was the coolest thing she'd ever heard. this girl is amazing. I just love her. we're taking her to a baptism on saturday and people from the ward have already invited her to FHE and to the ward christmas party. she loves the peple and how welcoming they are. I'm so excited about her, she is such an amazing girl.
 anyway, that's pretty much my week. we're working with some people who have had really hard lives and most of the people we visit have had a lot of problems with abuse. its so sad but we're working really hard with them and doing a lot of service for them as well. there's this Less active we've been doing service for. she has a hard time taking care of herself and so we've been cleaning her flat for her. I've never seen such a messy house but I think if we keep helping her clean it it will help her out a lot. she started crying when we offered to help out. I've defnitely taken the life I have for granted. you wouldn't believe some of the awful stories I've heard this week of peoples pasts.
  we had a DA this week with a lady from Portugal. she is so funny. her name is laura and she's in our ward. she is super sarcastic so its just like home! she started calling me the 'mad sister' ...mad as in crazy not angry. I feel like I've known her forever cause we were just joking around the whole time, she is so funny. she's pretty sassy being portugues and all but I love it. I even got her to invite us over for Christmas:)
 we're also teaching some families with kids. I love teaching little kids!! they are so fun. the other day we were showing these little boys pics of temples and one of them was like they're so posh!! haha we usually play a game or something and relate it to the gospel. which reminds me, I was wondering if you could have mark give me some ideas of easy science experiments that I could show them? I'll figure out how to relate it to the gospel and it will keep them entertained:)

  anyway, thanks for everything!! I love hearing about home. I think the stories about brooklynn are my fave right now haha it sounds like you're all doing great! thanks for all the love and support, It helps a ton. Love ya!!
 love, chels
MIRACLES
 M. finally got to High Wycombe
 T. great district meeting about obedience and faith
 W. talked to so many cool people today
 TH. Andre said the prayer after the lesson
 F. Juliette!!
 SAT. Teach w gomez fam went really well
 SUN. Mike scott came to church (yes We're teaching a guy named michael scott)
       Juliette set a date for baptism!
 
Love ya!!

No comments:

Post a Comment