Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Praying for a Family of 8...

January 24, 2011

well first off, before you freak out any more, yes i got my eye checked. I went a couple of weeks ago and the doctor checked it out and gave me some drops to use for a week but my eye is still bothering me a little so I talked to sis shamo and she said that she thinks it might just be my contact solution so she's getting me some of the brand I used to use and if that doesn't work then I need to go to the eye doctor again... what a mess. my knees are fine too. don't worry:)

  this week was probably the hardest week of my mission so far. free agency has not been my friend. I am so grateful that the baptism went so well with alyssa. she is so amazing and it was a lot of fun to teach her and become friends with her. It was an amazing experience. but its been hard cause I feel like we are working so hard and nothing is coming from it other than that. our other appointments keep falling through and nothing is working. we've decided to leave wycombe and try some of the other areas within it but it's still not working. we fasted last week and I feel like I am on my knees half the day just praying that go where we are needed but we're not getting any response no matter where we go. its hard! we did meet this really cool lady, louisa. we met her last week and started teaching her but she canceled on us yesterday but hopefully we'll set something up soon. she is awesome. we were walking one night to someone's house and she was across the street so I went over to her and we talked to her for a bit and set up an appointment. after the first time we taught her she said it was really interesting that we met her that night because lately she has been thinking a lot about her purpose and direction in life and she had this really strong feeling she needed to walk in to town, which is weird cause she has a car, so that's when she met us. that's a pretty big sign!! so I'm hoping we'll see her soon. I like her a lot!

    we met this way funny lady knocking the other night. she's from Idaho!! there's a surprising amount of American's here. she was awesome though. she let us in her house and she said she's met missionaries loads of times. she isn't interested at all but she wants us to come see her and she wants to make us dinners. she said she knows our mom's worry about us so she wants to basically be our mom haha she said she wishes she had known us over Christmas so she could have had us over for dinner that day. it was so funny
.
   Friday we went to Staines for Zone Conference. it was amazing!! president and sister shamo talked to us. they are so inspired. I always feel so excited and motivated after i hear them speak. sister shamo amazes me. her love and knowledge of the scriptures is incredible. she knows them so well. when she talks about them the spirit is so strong. she never served a mission but you think she had. they spoke at one of the wards in our zone last week and afterwords she was talking to a woman who had gone to church with her friend who is a member and she committed the her to be baptized!! she's never even met with missionaries before. she is so cool, I love sister Shamo. president shamo is amazing too. he is such a good man and he loves missionary work. he always gets so emotional, it reminds me of dad:) he cries about everything. but I love it. they are both so great.

  the rest of the week we just did loads of finding. we've been knocking and contact walking and trying to get referrals. nada. lame. it's been tough but I know I'm doing my part, i'm doing my best and i know that things will pick up soon enough. maybe God is testing my faith. sunday was awesome though. we had a few people show up that never ever come! a bunch of major less actives we've been working on came. 3 of them came. we were so excited. there was also a family that came that we've been working on. they are a part member family and sis allred has been teaching them since her first transfer here and they've only come to church maybe once. we backed off a little and the bishop got involved and they randomly came to church on sunday!! we were so excited because it was so unexpected.

 every night sister allred and I pray together before we go to bed and it was her turn on saturday night so she asked me what i wanted her to pray for and I told her I to pray that a family of 8 would come to church. she laughed so hard but I was serious! so she really did it haha I felt good about it :) I even did it again the next morning and guess what??! a family of 8 came to church the next day!!!! not. so sad. but a lot of people that never come came so that was really cool. I was excited about that.

  anyway, things are tough but it's going well. I love being here! it is so much fun. sometimes I get frustrated cause I wish I could articulate my words better or more powerfully but I know that I am doing my part and if I continue to do so God will help me. being a missionary is so much fun. Life is so much more valuable to me and so are the scriptures. I've realized the importance of reading and studying everyday and it's changing my attitude about everything. prayer is also helping me. I've prayed harder than I ever have in my life since I've been here and even though things are hard I feel so happy and I love doing this work.

  thank you for everything!!! I love you so much, thanks for the letters and all the support! Love you!!!
love, sister gregson

ps. mumbles wrote me and told me to give him a shout out in one of my emails so Hi Mumbles!! MOST.


MIRACLES
m: went inside windsor castle
t: monica(lady from idaho) Aine, Jayne, Kim
w: Louisa
th: kim said she'll come to church!
f: ZONE CONFERENCE!!!
sat: amazing comp study :)
sun: kim, sylvia, valerie, and laura came to church. childress fam came to church!

No comments:

Post a Comment