Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Cold and Wet!!

11-15-10

its been freezing this week! and we've had a few good rain storms. I think I need a longer coat cause my skirt got soaked the other day. and it gets dark by 4:30 here!!!!!! I miss the sun. its been a great week here though! earlier this week I was struggling a little. It's hard to feel as though I am doing a good enough job when I really start thinking about how important the message I am trying to send really is. I read a quote from Spencer W. Kimball.    

    "Literally did Jesus follow his own admonition when he turned his other cheek to be also slapped and smitten. and yet, he showed no cringing, gave no denials, offered no rebuttals. when false mercenary witnesses were paid to lie about him, he seemed to condemn them not. they twisted his words and misinterpreted his meaning, yet he was calm and unflustered. Had he not taught, "pray for them which despitefully use you"?
  Neither did he say anything to the people who called for Barrabbas, crying 'release unto us Barrabbas' Even when they cried for his blood, saying 'crucify him, crucify him' yet he showed no bitterness nor venom nor condemnation. Only tranquility. This is divine dignity, power, control, restraint. Barrabus for christ! barrabbus released, Christ crucified. The worst and the best; the just and the unjust; the Holy One crucified, the degenerate malefactor released. Yet no revenge, no name calling, no condemnation. No lightening struck them, though it could have. No earthquake, though a severe one could have come. No angels with protective weapons, though legions were ready. No escape, though he could have been translated and moved from their power. He stood and suffered in mind and body. 'blass them that curse you' he taught. with his life, his death, and his resurrection, Jesus truly has shown us the way."
 I loved reading this quote. it really got me thinking a lot about the atonement and how powerful it was and that he did it for each of us. it's hard to even begin to comprehend what was done and here I am trying to give the message to people everyday. after I read the quote my comp and I were reading in Alma 26. verse 16- I cannot say the smallest part of which I feel.
Anyway, this week was good!! thank you for the emails!! yes the address I sent you was right :) #7 harvester close; Chichester, west sussex; PO19 6SF; ENGLAND...
 I ate this stuff called Kebab this week. apparently it's lamb... it was wierd. the texture was not the best. let's just say when some of the elders celebrate a baptism they have "kebab-tisms!" which is when they just eat this kebab stuff at some weird place and it makes them all sick.... elders are wierd and so is kebab. but I've never had a problem with eating new stuff so I handled it alright haha
 We've had a great week. Jo Bishop is doing amazing and so excited for her baptism. I think I said this before but she is the perfect investigator. we really don't have to do that much besides teach her and she usually already knows the things we are teaching her. a couple years ago she found a blog online about a family who's daughter was suffering from cancer so she started emailing the family asking how they stayed so positive all the time and they started telling her about the gospel and eventually Jo got interested and got the email of the bishop from chichester and then started meeting with us. we didn't even have to find her, she found us! she's incredible.
 Emma and Laura's baptism is this weekend!!! I can't wait:) these girls are amazing. the other night we were teaching them and emma had bought a new pack of cigarrets but she ended up letting us take the pack away from her. she was pretty worried about it but she's so willing to try. we also brought a member with us the next time we saw her and he gave her a blessing. it was amazing. it is giving her the strength to stay strong and not be swayed by the temptaions around her. she loved the blessing and I think it will really help her.
 We started meeting with a new girl this week. her name is jenny and she is amazing. she is a theology student and we gave her a bom one of my first days. she finally agreed to meet us cause we see her everywhere and she decided it meant something. she's really interested in the things we tell her. she's always has so many good questions, the theology student in her comes out a lot :) but she has a great belief in God and she really wants to know if the things we're telling her are true. she says the most sincere, amazing prayers I have ever heard. the last one she said nearly brought me to tears because the spirit was so strong. she literally pleads with the lord. last time we met with her she prayed and said "please God, I need to know if this is true, tell me. God this is my eternal salvation and nothing else matters. I don't care about anything else just tell me if it is true." AMAZING. so she is praying but she said she's still not convinced yet. the key is getting her to read the bom. she wants to but she's busy with school and can't find time so I think that will be the hardest thing to work with.
 anyway. great week here in chichester! I love it here, the people are amazing and it's so fun. I've convinced some members to feed me on Thanksgiving :) won't be quite the same but at least I'll be fed! I'm tired but I feel so good all the time. we're working hard but we're having a lot of fun as well. thank you so much for all of the love and support you give me. I love hearing from you each week. Melissa, you're girls are SO cute!!! thank you for the pictures:) how's my dog? I miss her, take her for a walk today for me. seriously. I don't care how cold it is. thank you! I love all of you!!!
  love, sister gregson
ps. D&C 46:13- it is a GIFT to know Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
*MIRACLES*
 Monday: Emma and Laura are doing great again! opposition is working hard on these two
 Tuesday: Lesson w Jenny was awesome; emma gave us her pack of cigarrets; we had teaches all day
 Wednesday: Jo Bishop. she is such a miracle
 Thursday: Lauren- knocked on her door and let us in and we taught her; Cameron Ferris gave Emma a great blessing; my umbrella survived!!
 Friday: Amazing personal study; had a really good talk with sister Boleska tonight
 Saturday: Jenny is still doing great, has good questions and her prayers are perfect; Patrick and Lourdes- atheist couple-we knocked on their door and they let us in and we taught them about God
 Sunday: Stacey-new investigator! 4 new investies this week!! yeah baby!!
Sure love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment