Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Rain, rain, go away!

February 28, 2011

good morning!! how are you doing? thank you for the letter. I'm so excited about mike and alisha!!!!! I can't believe I won't be there for it though. I'll be meeting all these neices and nephews when I get home! I'm so happy for them

 ask me how many times I've had a car drive past me this week and hit a puddle and I got soaked... :) yesterday we walked to church and it was so nice and sunny and then when we left it was pouring rain!! luckily some members saw us walking and offered to give us a ride. its been pretty rainy and cold this week but flowers are starting to come out so spring is on it's way!!

 you asked how far london is from High Wycombe...there is actually a building with a sign on it that is right by our flat that says london 29 miles, and oxford 25 miles. :)

  well not much has happened in the last four days. we taught emmanuel smith again but we're officially not aloud to any more until he gets an interview with president. he's been really sick the past couple days though and was at the hospital yesterday so we don't know when that will happen. hopefully soon!! he is so excited about his baptism but as I said his family is not happy and so president has to check out the situation and see if anyone's life will be at risk....crazy stuff...

  alyssa got into some anti stuff recently. did I tell you about that? she was on the internet downloading all these conference talks and motab music and stuff and downloaded a movie she thought was good but it was totally anti and trying to prove the book of mormon wrong. she showed us some of it and I got pretty frustrated about it so we showed her the talk from elder holland safety for the soul. it's about the book of mormon. she didn't seem to bothered by the anti stuff but I worry that if she continues finding it, it will wear on her eventually.

  everything is going great!! I love being a missionary! it's a lot of fun. we've started teaching some great people recently. sadly none of them showed up to church yesterday which was depressing haha. angie was there though! we haven't seen her or been able to get a hold of her all this last week and I was worried that our recent convert was already going to go less active but she was at church and she is doing great. she just had a really busy week with work and she was house sitting for her mom while she is away so that is a relief.

 my eye is still really bothering me so it will be nice to get those new contacts, thank you for sending them :) hopefully it will solve the problem otherwise I don't know what I'll do!

 thank you so much for everything!!!! I love you guys so much, thank you for the letters and support. it keeps me going. I miss you guys but I love being a part of this great work. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for the amazing people around me! thank you! I lvoe you so much!!

 love, chels

No comments:

Post a Comment