Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Remember How I Live in England?!?

January 17, 2011

hello!! how are ya? I wasn't sure if you had gotten my last email cause right when I sent it my time on the comp ran out so I hope you got it! this last week has been so good but also a little frustrating.

first off. BAPTISM!!! alyssa got baptized on Saturday. She is too funny. it was a great baptism though. she was so excited and it was amazing to see it happen cause we've worked so hard with her. she's come such a long way from where she was when we first met her. she is one of a kind :) but I love her. teaching her has been a lot of fun. she had asked me to sing what heaven sees in you at the baptism which I was excited about cause I really miss singing! after the service she just started crying. and she never cries. it was so great to see how the spirit had overcome her and she was just so happy. It is the best feeling in the world when you see how much the gospel helps people. it was a great service! I was a little frustrated with bishop...he forgot what time it started at and he showed up right when it was supposed to start and he was the one baptising her. boo. not cool. but oh well, the service went great! the ward is already welcoming her so well and inviting her to ysa things and fhe and dinners. its so great cause that was one thing I was worried about. it's amazing how important the role of the members is. they're more important than the missionaries! the confirmation was cool too. when we were walking to church with her we were disscussing a family issue she's been having with her mom and I was trying to give her advice on it and then when she got the blessing she said she felt the Holy Ghost instantly give her the answer of what she needed to do! and turns out my advice was right along with it! yeah!! she is so great though. I love this girl and you can definitely see a new light in her when you talk to her. my favorite part is that she isn't afraid to tell people about the changes in her life and why she's doing things differently now. people oppose her a lot on her decision but she tells them that God gave her the answers she needs in the only way that works for her so she knows its true.

 I got a letter from Laura today. the girl I was teaching in Chi. she wrote her testimony down and sent it to me. it was an amazing testimony. she says she knows the church is true and she is so grateful for the church for helping her through her tough times but she's especially grateful for Jesus Christ. it is an incredible testimony. it was amazing to read it but at the same time it made me so sad cause she is so ready for baptism and I don't understand why she backs out. sister boleska said that she's now been to the baptist church a couple times and she loves it so I don't know what will happen with her now.

  everything else is going well. It's been hard lately. Alyssa is amazing but other than that we're having a hard time. we're teaching a couple others but they are going to take a lot of patience. we're having a hard time finding people who are truly committed. it's especially hard when your district leader has 8 baptism dates. I do my best not to compare but when they're having so much success and you talk to them every night accounting it can get a little discouraging. lately they've been making it seem like they know they could be doing a better job if they were here as well which makes it even harder. I feel like I am working so hard, I come home every night so exhausted and I make sure I do everything I can every day but it seems like its hardly paying off right now. I feel fulfilled with the things I'm doing but its no real proof of our efforts. even when it gets like this I can stay positive but sis allred has been especially down about it which makes it harder. I'm just trying to stay positive and continue working hard. I know that things will pick up in wycombe but its just a matter of time!
  we got to go inside Windsor Castle today!!! it was amazing!!

a member in the slough ward, in our district, got us free tickets cause he is a gaurd there so we got to go inside. it was so cool! we weren't allowed to take pics inside but I was able to get a couple cool ones outside. it is beautiful, and it is giant!! inside was king henry VIII tomb! we got to see it. it is pretty cool! there was all this cool armory stuff as well, and this giant doll house, it was so big, the toilets in it flush...what?? I think the oldest tomb in the castle was from the 1400s. it was really neat. we got to see a bunch of the gaurds who aren't supposed to smile and one of the elders got one of them to smile a little. he felt really bad when he did though cause if they get caught smiling apparently they get fined like 1,000 pounds. it was so cool to see the castle though, never thought I'd do that in my life!!

well I hope all is well at home!! I love you and thank you so much for all the letters and support, as always :) take my dog for a walk today please!! I love you so much! thank you for everything!!!!!
 love chels
philippians 4:13


No comments:

Post a Comment