Wednesday, December 28, 2011

I'm Alive!!!

December 26, 2011
I've already talked to you about a billion times this week but just know that I am doing well :) I am in really good hands! It is kind of exciting living with President and Sister Shamo. I get to hear about all the crazy things going on in the mission. I don't know how he puts up with all of it cause there are some crazy things happening! The Shamo's are so amazing. I am so grateful I was able to spend Christmas with them. They have taken really good care of me, they've even given me my own room :) President reminds me so much of dad so it has been fun to be around him lately.
I was sad to miss Martyn's baptism in Exeter but I talked to him afterwords and he was so happy. I can't believe the change I've seen in him already. Him and his wife Karina are so sweet and I'm excited to see how Martyn joining the church will bless both of their lives and their children as well.
Even though I didn't get to go to Martyn's baptism I did get to attend a baptism that night in London and after there was a carol service done by a gospel choir which was really cool. I loved it! It's cool to go to the churches in London. You become the minority because there are maybe 10 white people in the whole chapel. It's so different from Exeter. Exeter has mostly English people. The closer to London you get the more diverse it gets. It's fun :)
Just know that things are going well. I'm feeling pretty good today. I'm happy. I'm in good hands. I love life! I'm grateful for this experience. I hated staying in the hospital but I had a few opportunities to do missionary work while I was there and even managed to give out a couple of Book of Mormons.
It was so fun talking to everyone yesterday. Shortest hour ever.. Everyone looks so great and I can't believe how big all my nieces and nephew are!! It's crazy. It will be so much fun to see them when I get home :)
Thank you for everything! I love you so much. Quit worrying about me, I'm doing well. :)
Love ya!
Love, chels

No comments:

Post a Comment