Monday, February 6, 2012

It's Bloomin' Cold!!

Ok. It's FREEZING! I have only seen snow once this year (it happened to be while I was in the middle of a kidney stone attack haha) and I thought I may never see it this year but I was WRONG. Sunday morning we woke up to about 4 inches of snow. I couldn't believe it. It was so funny.. In the middle of the night I was awake and sister allred randomly woke up and said something about the window and went back to bed. She has a window over her bed so she knew it was snowing. Everytime she woke up she freaked out haha It was so funny. When we got up the next morning she said 'a window with snow on it was haunting my dreams last night!' She's hilarious. I love her.
This week has been really really good. Last week we were on fire and got so much done. This week was a bit harder because of the weather. it was so cold so people didn't really want to talk to us. We've seen some huge miracles though. We've been teaching this woman Mandie Brooks. She is amazing. She was baptized a year or two ago. We've been teaching her and recently her 9 year old son Ollie has started sitting in on the teaches as well. He has started asking tons of questions and so we gave him a childrens BOM and he loves it so much. We went to see him yesterday and he read us stories from it for about 20 minutes. He loves it. We are going to talk to Mandie about Ollie getting baptized. She wants him to. She couldn't stop crying when he was reading the BOM to us. It was so sweet. We are also seeing the german couple again tonight. They are so sweet. They have so many great questions about life. They are a little put off toward religion. They really don't like the pope haha but they are so cool.
Oh! I almost forgot. Remember how I told you President said he has another 'adventure/assignment' for me? He finally told me what it is. We had training on Thursday and interviews. He has asked me, Sister Allred, Sister Housley and the other Sister Allred to be senior sister trainers..... ha! we didn't really react when he told us cause we didn't know what that meant. He told us we are basically zone leaders but he can't call us that cause we're sisters. I don't want to be a zone leader!! When he started telling us about it though it doesn't really sound like anything zone leaders do. We are supposed to do exchanges with all the other sisters in the mission and basically train them. All of us are some of the oldest sisters in the mission and next transfer we are getting 7 new sisters so he wants us to help train them and all the other sisters as well. It sounds pretty intimidating to me but I think it will be a lot of fun! At this rate I will probably get to see nearly every sisters area in the mish. I've already served in half of them :) We haven't really worked out any details or anything but on Wednesday we are going to zone leader council with all the zl's haha I don't know. Just another adventure I guess! I think it will be a lot of fun.
Anyway, things are going so well! I love it here. Hastings is such a great area. The people are a lot of fun, it is a really good ward and such a beautiful area. I love it here!
Thank you for everything. I am so grateful for all you do for me. The support you've given me on my mission has helped me so much :) thank you! I love you so much!
Love, chelsea
PS. I can't believe Dallas is serving in Jenny's ward!!!! What the heck. That is so crazy... haha
PPS. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE! I love you you old woman :)

No comments:

Post a Comment