Monday, March 26, 2012

Baptism!! (3-12-12)

hello!! This will probably be the shortest email ever so I am apologizing beforehand :) First off. Sister Corner is in the vc now. We were sad to see her leave but we're excited to get back to work! I miss her a lot though, We had so much fun with her.
We've had the BIGGEST miracle ever this week! So remember S? The boy from Bengladesh who used to be muslim and can't get baptized because he would be killed? Well Sister Allred also served in Bracknell and so she knows him as well. She is actually the missionary who found him. That was a year ago that he started meeting with the sisters! Well for the last year every missionary that has served in Bracknell has bugged president about getting shipon baptized. President sent his case to the first presidency but never really heard anything after that. This last week he was in Germany for a mission presidents training and he called the Bracknell sisters and said that he was going to take shipons case to the area presidency while he was there. We got a call from him yesterday and we asked him about it and he said S CAN GET BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!! aaaahhhhh!!!!!!! President talked to Elder christopherson about it and received permission! Later that day we got a call from the Bracknell sisters and they were with S and he told us what had happened and he said that He is getting baptized on Saturday. All of us were just crying and crying. It is such a miracle! This is all he's wanted for the last year and he can finally have it! :) The BEST part is that this week Sister Allred and I had planned on doing a workover with Bracknell so we get to go to his baptism!! I can't even tell you how excited we are. I am just so happy for shipon. He is the most amazing kid ever and This will be such a blessing for him and he can actually hold the priesthood as well and go to the temple. This is so amazing. I can't wait!! Miracle!!!  He is putting his life in so much danger by being baptized but he has said he would die for the church whether he is a member or not. He is amazing!
That's pretty much all I have to say about the week. Our area is struggling a bit since we are gone so much and then being stuck in the flat but we are still seeing amazing things happening every day.
We did an exchange with the sisters in East Grinstead this week. I worked with Sister Jones. She is so amazing, such a good missionary! Every time I do another exchange I can't help but wonder why I am the trainer when these girls teach me more than I teach them! I am having so much fun with them. The downside to these exchanges is it makes time pass by even faster. Not cool.
Speaking of which ...Tell Bishop I will NOT be giving a homecoming talk since I am NOT coming home. Sorry! :)
I will be calling on Sunday. Probably around 7 am your time. I'll most likely call you the night before just to confirm but I'm not really sure yet.
As far as registering for school. . . aaahhh!!! I don't really know.. what should I do? I don't even know what classes to tell you to sign me up for..
Anyway...Thanks for everything. I love you! Have a great week!
Love, sister gregson

No comments:

Post a Comment