Monday, August 15, 2011

Crawley, Visitor Center, Jo Bishop and...Mary Ungricht??


heeeyy. how are you this week? things have been so crazy here. I'm still trying to adjust and we're still running around everywhere but I'm getting there. I haven't even had time to finish unpacking yet and it's been almost two weeks!!
I haven't started driving yet but I am taking driving lessons tomorrow and then we will get a car. I'm scared to drive here but it will be good because I think we can get so much more done with a car.


 we're pretty much at square one with Crawley. the Elders worked hard but didn't leave much for us to work with when they left. a few investigators...all of which have already dropped... It's been tough and it's taking us a while to get going but I think things will start picking up soon. it's just hard to figure out how to balance the visitors center and the entire Crawley area. I'm doing my best but it is definitely discouraging at times.


 this week has been great though! it was a hard one but it was a lot of fun as well. we see some of the coolest things at the visitors center. we are there about three days a week. this last week a couple from salt lake was staying in London and wanted to see the temple grounds so they called up a driver to take them. the driver stayed in the car for a while but he said he felt the spirit so strongly that he had to come out and see what this place is. he eventually made it into the visitors center and we were able to teach him a little bit. he was very interested. he said he felt like it was an answer to his prayers cause he's been needing something more in his life. he was so excited about his experience there. we got his info and he will be meeting with missionaries this week. the sad thing about working at the visitors center is you meet so many cool people but then you just have to hand them off to other missionaries cause they don't live in your area. lame.


on Saturday I was at the visitors center and that afternoon Elder and Sister Waters come walking through the door. they are the senior couple that were serving in Chichester. they walked in with a man that I reconized but it took me a minute to realize who he was but then when I shook his hand I realized it was Jo Bishops husband!!! I was so excited! next thing I know, Jo Bishop walks through the door!! it was soo good to see her :) she looked amazing and so happy. it was fun to catch up with her and hear how she has been doing. her husband is doing great as well. I couldn't believe the change I saw in him. I had never seen that side of him before. he is such a good man, hopefully one day he will choose to accept the gospel. that totally made my day when I saw Jo. I was in shock the rest of the day. I'm hoping that when she comes up on her year mark she will make the decision to go through the temple so I can go through with her :) that would be amazing. she is the best!!


so I know you already know this and have heard this story but I saw MARY UNGRICHT this week! yay :) that was so weird but so fun. she looks so great! sadly I only got to see her during my lunch break, shortest hour of my life, but it was so fun to see her! it almost didn't work out. she called the office and gave them the phone number I was supposed to call her on but when I called it the number didn't work. I was so sad. I knew she was staying at the holiday inn so I pulled out our phone book and called the number for the holiday inn and told them the situation and the woman asked me which holiday inn mary was staying at and i was like. ummm...the one in london? and she was like. ma'am. there are 30 holiday inns in london.....oh... haha I was so sad after that cause I thought I wouldn't get to see mary but she ended up calling the office again a couple days later and I got the RIGHT number this time. it was so fun to see her and catch up. I was sad when it ended. It went by way too fast.


that pretty much sums up the exciting parts of my week. I'm still just trying to adjust to all of this madness. we are supposed to be meeting with president soon so we can really figure out what we should be doing. we'll see. Until then I'll just keep calm and carry on I guess...
anyway, thank you for everything!! I love you so much and I'm grateful for all of your love and support! have a great week! love ya!
love, chels


ps.. in one of the pics please take note of the passed out companion in the backround :)

No comments:

Post a Comment