Monday, August 29, 2011

What Even Happened This Week??

I can't believe its Monday again already. and it's almost over :( time seems to be picking up speed lately. I've been thinking back on this week and all of it is kind of a blur. it's been good though. we've been at the Visitors Center a ton and this next week we are there most of the time. when we were there this week I was talking to this man and he was telling me about when he served his mission and we were talking about how amazing it is and then he asked me how long I have been out and I said 11 months and he got tears in his eyes and said 'you don't have much longer' and then talked about how awful it is when you get released...probably the most depressing conversation of my life. I got soo sad. it really really is going by so fast and the longer I'm out the more I love it and the faster it goes by. it is so crazy!
I am enjoying working at the vc. it is wierd, I feel like I haven't done a full week of proselyting in months cause first sister keogh and now this. sister keogh is doing great by the way! I saw her today at the temple cause our zone went to the temple and she is in my zone! she's had a few upsets but she is doing much better.
there are some major plus' to working at the vc. president has given us permission to go do temple sessions twice a month so we went on wednesday and we were able to go again today. I love it there!! I have been soo lucky to go so often, some missionaries haven't been since December. I am spoiled :)
I got to see a few High Wycombe members this last week. I saw a bunch of them today, they were leaving the temple just as we got there. It was so much fun to see them and catch up!! they told me Emanuel Smith has a calling now and gave a talk on Sunday. man, I miss High Wycombe. I loved it there so much. I also saw the bishop and his wife at the temple over the weekend and we were able to catch up a bit. that ward has such great people there.
sorry if this email is so scattered. my mind is shot from everything that has been going on lately.
Elder Bednar is coming on Saturday!!! yay! I am so excited. :) president shamo asked me to put a couple songs together so I've managed to get about 16 missionaries to be part of a choir. we can't practice until that morning so hopefully it will turn out ok.

as far as Crawley goes, things are going well! It's still taking a while to get things going cause we aren't there that often but it is starting to pick up a bit now. last week we met a guy, Chris, while knocking and he is already progressing a lot! he is agnostic and believes something is there but he isn't sure what and he has been very open to learning about the gospel. he even came to church on sunday! he came late so we were all sad but then he showed! my companions and I were in total shock! I couldn't believe it haha but we were so excited. sunday mornings are always so stressful so it was a huge relief so have him there. we are also teaching this woman Zoja. she's Russian. she is amazing, the lanuage barrier has been tough but she's awesome. she's been taught by missionaries since I think January and there is still a lot of work to be done. she works sundays and that's the hardest thing right now, is getting her to church. our wml offered to pay her anonymously this week if she will come to church. how cool is that? I think she might come too..
I like Crawley a lot, the ward is really great and it has been a lot of fun so far. I'm hoping I stay here till at least Christmas but I have a feeling that since I was in HW for so long I'll just be moving around the rest of my mish.

things with sister burrows and howard are great. we are still having tons of fun. you meet some crazies out on the streets so we are laughing all the time...
I think this has been the hardest part of my mish but also the best so far. it's been amazing.
anyway, sorry about this email. I don't know if it makes any sense haha but things are going really great! I'm Lovin it, I love being a missionary. it's hard but it's good!
thanks for everything!! I love you!
love, sister gregson

No comments:

Post a Comment