Tuesday, August 9, 2011

STRESS!!

heeey:) wow things are soo crazy right now!!! I feel like we're just constantly running around and trying to figure everything out. I've called the old crawley elders like a billion times to ask about investigators or where to find something. they are probably so sick of me haha white washing is nuts. we've done most of our work so far at the Visitors Center, which is cool, you always see some really cool things happening there with members bringing non member friends in. lots of miracles.
yesterday was the first day that we actually got to do work in Crawley. our area is HUGE. The ward is massive but I already feel at home. there are some really great people here so I'm excited to work here. we met with our ward mission leader after church and he is so cool, plus we have TEN ward missionaries who are all very involved as well. this ward is so driven with missionary work. it sounds like all these ward missionaries were elders quorum presidents and high council members and relief society presidents and the bishop released all of them recently and called them as ward missionaries. this is gonna be fun :) I'm excited! but I'm a bit confused to see what president has in mind for us. I don't know how we can handle such a huge area when we will only be here for half the time... we'll see. supposedly we will be talking to him about it tomorrow to work everything out and maybe get a bit more direction.
training two girls is crazy but it is a lot of fun. they don't even need me though. they are already so good, I don't think I have anything to teach them haha they are cute though. sister burrows is from utah and it seems like we have all the same stories all the time. our families are even the same. two older brothers and 4 girls, all dark hair and dark eyes. it is so funny. she's a major clean freak. never ever stops cleaning haha but she is so great. sister howard is from alaska. she is awesome to. you can't help but love her to death. she is so innocent and she always has the funniest comments. and she will never disagree with anyone cause she is just too sweet. I love them both already, this is fun. but being in a tri is crazy at times, I feel like we're attacking people when we approach them on the street haha.
I haven't started driving yet, thank goodness. I don't know the point of me getting a uk license. I can use my US one till October but apparently it costs a ton to get a license and it takes a long time till you actually take the test so by then I'll almost be done with my mish. it seems like president knows what he's doing though so I'll just leave it to him. Crawley definitely needs a car though. we can't get around anywhere very well.
I'm excited that you are having sister boleska over for dinner tomorrow! I wish I could be there!! she is the best, I miss her. I learned so much from her. don't stress about her being vegetarian. she's not picky. just do veggie burgers or something. I'm so jealous! I wish I could be there!!
thank you so much for everything! I miss you guys but I'm having so much fun out here. I'm feeling a bit lost still with whatever president shamo has in mind for us this transfer but it's still fun :) being a missionary is the best!
I love you! have a good week!
love, chels
 
pps sis k is fine. she's in tunbrigde wells in a tri. they didn't think she could handle high wycombe on her own so they white washed. elders are there now.

No comments:

Post a Comment