Saturday, August 6, 2011

Drumroll Please!!

ROBERT'S A MORMON!!!!!!

that's right, he actually did it!! can you believe it?!?! :) it was soo amazing. I forgot my camera cord so I can't send you pics but hopefully next week. The service was perfect, minus the fact that he showed up late. but hey, he showed:) i wish you could have been there!!! it was so perfect. it was such a great experience. the whole thing. I've been teaching Robert since my third day in High Wycombe (yeah, I know...) and it was so amazing to see him really study it out and work at it. you wouldn't believe the change I've seen in him through all these months but even after his baptism there was something different about him and he looked soo happy. it was the greatest day ever. Sister Allred got to come which was cool cause we taught him together for 4 1/2 months together. the whole thing was just amazing. i can't even describe it! i don't know how anything to come on my mish can top that...haha


soo...transfers... any last guesses?? there's no point, you'll NEVER EVER guess this one. i think president shamo has officially lost his mind. he called me on saturday and told me he has some wild ideas for me and he sounded soo excited about whatever he was going to have me do. then he called me again on tuesday to tell me what i was going to be doing. you won't believe this. he calls and tells me he wants me to white wash Crawley. white washing is when they take elders out of the area and put sisters in.. my worst fear..but it doesn't stop there. then he tells me he wants me to white wash train! what???? so then I started getting pretty nervous but it still doesn't stop there... president then tells me that I am not only going to be training one missionary. I'll be training TWO missionaries!!!! what is he thinking? I told him he is crazy and he just laughed and said 'I know!'

don't ask me why he chose me to do this....I'm still trying to figure that out
but guess what? I'm still not done. I get a car!! ha! most the missionaries in the mission don't have cars except zone leaders I think. driving in England is crazy. this is going to be soo wild. i have to start taking driving lessons soon. I feel like I've been running around since I got the call and haven't even had time to process it.

I got my girls yesterday. when you train everyone calls them your 'baby' so everyone keeps saying I have twins hahaha they seem great! they are sister burrows and sister howard. sister burrows is from orem utah and sister howard is from alaska. they are trained as visitors center missionaries so we'll be doing contacting and knocking in Crawley and then doing work at the visitors center maybe three days a week. Crawley is about a 15 minute drive to the temple and since we'll be back and forth a lot that's why we have a car. but until i get a couple lessons in i can't actually drive so we're being driven by the elders everywhere right now. this is sooo crazy!!!

Crawley seems really great. the ward is huge and it sounds like all of them are very missionary minded so I'm excited to work with them. we even have someone preparing for baptism! the elders met him their last night before transfers. they are way jealous! his name is Jeshan. we met with him today. actually it's kinda wierd. he seems way into the church. he actually contacted the office somehow and said he wanted to meet with missionaries so the elders taught him and he's totally golden. we met with him today but then after we taught him he called and started creepin on me so i don't think we can teach him now. the elders will probably have to...lame.

other than that I still don't know all the details of this area cause i haven't even had a chance to look at the area book or anything. we've been all over the place. i'm at the mission office right now and then I'll be at the visitors center all night.

My mind is so scattered at the moment. i'm still trying to process all of this..
I was sad to leave high wycombe. there are some really amazing people there and i learned so much while i was serving there. I miss it but I'm on to new adventures. this is going to be fun! I'm scared to death but it will be a blast I think. I have no idea why president chose me to do this though... it's a lot of pressure. maybe he just thought i got WAY too much down time with sister keogh..(I think we hit around 45 sick days?) or maybe this is why i served with sister keogh. so i could relax before I have to white wash double train. what? I told ya president has lost his mind.
 
 
anyway, I have to go. thanks for everything!!! I love you!!
 
 
love, sister gregson


 
PS
ps here is my new address in CRAWLEY!!!!
1 grove court
158-162 Three Bridges Road
Three Bridges, Crawley
RH10 1LE
crawley flat is sweeeeeet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment