Monday, September 26, 2011

Forget Me Not

Hello! :) how are you this week? thank you for the emails!
This week has been just as wild as all the others the past couple weeks. I feel like ever since I got the twins I've been running around constantly trying to figure everything out. A lot of it is probably because of white washing...It's been really crazy but lots of fun. This week has been nuts though. Mainly due to a faulty sat nav sold to me by an Elder. It's a long story but a few times I have ended up about an hour away from the destination it was supposed to take me to. It's been a disaster and at the time it is not funny but the next day Sister Howard and I can't stop laughing about it. We typed in the address of the Temple the other day and I don't even know where we were. We ended up in the middle of nowhere and there was no where to really turn around cause we were on all these tiny roads that didn't have any place to turn around. At least the drive was beautiful! It is so funny now but at the time it wasn't :) after it took us to the middle of no where it died. great! So we saw this guy and asked him for directions. It was a little tender mercy from Heavenly Father because he knew exactly where the Temple was (only because he's an Osmond follower) and he was really nice to us. we ended up talking to him for quite a while and sharing the gospel with him and we will hopefully be meeting with him sometime this week! that was a miracle!
Good news! I passed my theory test! I was so nervous but it ended up being really easy. I'm really nervous about the test though. I am taking it on Nov. 3 which is the earliest I could sign up. This week is my last week of driving here. Oct. 1 is my one year mark in England and after that I can't drive on my American license anymore. So Sister Howard will be taking over now. I'm scared. she's not the best driver. It's pretty scary haha

Haywards Heath is amazing! I love it so much! the ward is incredible. There are some really amazing people here and I already feel like I am at home. We have a lot of work to do here. I'm excited about it though! We had stopped by a few less actives the bishop wanted us to see this last week and 2 of them came to church which was so amazing!
We had the funniest dinner appointment the other night. We went over to this womans house and we were pretty nervous cause the Elders had told us crazy stories about her. It wasn't bad it was just a really funny night. The best part was that she was playing old twangy country music in the background the entire time we were eating dinner! She asked us if people play music for us a lot when we eat dinner with them and I said no and she was completely appalled that no one ever does haha at one point the song 'This Must Be Love' came on and I told her I love that song so she put in on repeat and it was repeating for about half an hour before she decided to change it haha She talked about John Wayne a lot too. ( I thought of Mark! )

Things at the temple are going really well. we are there every Tuesday and Saturday. It is pretty fun! Saturday was crazy busy. we were there until 9:30.... yeah, it was a late night but it was a great day. we had about 10 non members come in! There were so many people there the whole day. At the Temple there were 18 people who took their endowments out for their first time that day! That is the most they have ever had. I got to see Jo Bishop again and a few other members from the Chichester ward and I also saw a few from Crawley. That is one thing I love about serving at the VC. I get to see lots of people from my mish!
We got to go to the womens broadcast last night. It was soo good! I loved President Uchtdorfs talk. He is so amazing.

Anyway, I'm running out of time! this hour always goes by so fast.. Things are great! I am loving Mission life. it is so much fun. The longer I'm out the more a feel the spirit guide me as a teach and testify to people. I've learned so much being out here.
wow... this letter is really short. sorry!
just know I love you! thanks for everything! Have a great week! Forget me not :)
I love you!
love, chels

No comments:

Post a Comment