Monday, October 24, 2011

I Have the Cutest New Niece Evers!

Savannah is so cute!! I'm so sad I can't be home right now to see my new niece... :( she is beautiful though and I can't wait to see her. I am so happy for Mike and Alisha, they will be great parents! I can't believe there are now two nieces I have that I haven't even met. I miss all those cute little kids. There are a lot of kids in the Haywards Heath ward and they are so much fun. I can't wait till I can actually hold them again though. I still think Sisters should be an exception to that rule...

So Sister Howard and I went to Brighton last week and it was gorgeous! right on the coast!!! It was so much fun :) but guess what. We got there and my camera died so I didn't even get any pics :( Sis Howard took a couple so I'll try and send some soon.
This week is transfers...already. It is going by faster and faster every transfer. It is really weird. We will be getting moves calls probably tomorrow. Any predictions? We are getting 6 new sisters and none are going home so there will be tons of changes. I really want to stay in Haywards Heath with Sister Howard though.. I'm thinking I've had my fair share of training after Sister Keogh and then the twins so I'm thinking I probably won't be training this transfer. I really really want to stay in Haywards Heath through Christmas. We'll see.. I like it here a lot! I still miss High Wycombe though. That was definitely my favorite place but I do love Haywards Heath. There are some really great people here. We are really trying to work with the members a lot here and get them excited about missionary work and basically just teaching them how to be missionaries. It's going pretty well. Our ward mission leader is really cool. Definitely a 'git er done' kinda guy which is perfect with missionary work! 


Well it has been a really great week! Things are going well. The VC is always great, we've been having tons of people come in lately. There's been so many members bringing in non member friends so we've had a lot of teaching opportunities. Things are moving forwards in Haywards Heath as well. As I've said we've been doing a lot of work with the members and also just trying to stop by all the LA's the Bishop has asked us to see. We've struggled a bit with finding new investigators but this week we met a really cool girl. Her name is Alice. We talked to her briefly while she was waiting for the bus and she invited us to come back to her house. I will admit, I was a bit skeptical. I thought she was going to stand us up. When she opened the door she had just woken up and said she had an awful night but she still invited us in! The teach was amazing! We taught restoration and it went so well. Sister Howard and I had worked really hard to be prepared for that teach and we had prayed a lot...


...Ok I'll have to cut that story short. Sister Howard and I just started teaching a guy on a computer next to us. His name is Matthew and he goes to alaska a lot. perfect! sister howard made that connection, little miss alaska, and now we have a new investigator. yeah baby. But now I have no time to write. Sorry!
Alice is amazing! The teach with her was incredible. when we taught her about prophets she said she's always wondered why we don't have prophets anymore and when we extended baptism she said she's always wanted to be baptized! Yesss :) she's cool! She's getting baptized November 19 so keep her in your prayers.
 


Well sorry for the short email. I ran out of time.
I love you all so much! thank you for everything! I miss you and I'm sad I couldn't be there for the new baby but life is great out here! I love it!
Have a great week!
Love, chels

No comments:

Post a Comment