Monday, November 7, 2011

West Side

10/31/11

Welllll...I'm being transfered AGAIN. I guess President just doesn't know what to do with me. ha! At least I'm not white washing again, thank goodness. I'm off to EXETER. It is SO far away! It's like a 4 hour drive from the temple or something. It's not quite Cornwall area but it is the same zone. I was talking to my zl and he said our zone (plymouth zone) takes up almost 1/3 of the mission. It's huge! I've heard Exeter is gorgeous though so I'm really excited! My companion will be Sister Mills, I don't know much about her but I've heard great things.
I haven't made it out to Exeter yet. Transfers were on Wednesday but I have my driving test on Thursday so they are leaving me here until then. Pray for me please!! I'm glad to stay in Haywards Heath for an extra week. I love it here. It's such a cool place and the ward is awesome. I am really going to miss being so close to the temple. I've been spoiled though. Sister Howard and I are doing a session on Wednesday so I can go one last time before I am banished to plymouth zone. I've heard when you serve out there you never really have contact with anyone else haha But it sounds like a cool place. On Saturday I got to see a lot of the High Wycombe crew again! The Bishop was laughing saying I've seen him more at the temple than I did in HW. It was so fun to see everyone. I really miss that ward. I think I'm going to start asking president if I can serve there again before I finish my mission :) Speaking of finishing my mission. I have already been told the date that I'll be returning home. Actually I was told forever ago but I didn't want to tell you haha I leave April 11 so get ready! I'll barely miss conference at home :( so close! Time is flying by, I can't believe how fast it goes...
It's good to hear that everyone is doing so well. I wish I could see the new baby!! She's beautiful in all the pics though, thanks for sending some :)
Things have been great this week. Just really busy as always. Alice is amazing. It sounds like she's been having some family problems lately though and we're having a hard time meeting with her. She is an amazing girl though. She reminds me a lot of Emma and Laura in Chichester and I was so excited to teach her so I'm kinda bummed to be leaving. We also met with Nigel this week, he is doing great. I think I told you but I can't remember. We don't meet with him very often because he is so busy. He is the cousin of one of the Haywards Heath members. He is a great guy and so prepared but he won't get baptized for a while because we can't meet with him often enough. We are also working with this family. Bridget and Mick and Bridget's kids Shannon and Bobby. They are an incredible family. Bobby and Shannon were baptized recently and Bridget wants to be baptized SO bad but she can't until she get divorced to her husband and marry's Mick. It is taking a really long to for everything to go through with the divorce papers and it is really frustrating for her because she wants to be baptized more than anything. They are the best family ever. I've loved working with them. They are just the sweetest people ever. I will really miss Haywards Heath. I can't believe I'm moving again!!! We've been teaching a lot the last couple weeks. It has been so much fun.
Things at the VC are great! I am so glad we got Saturdays because that is the only day that it gets very busy. It's a lot of fun when it's busy. I met this kid this last week who is getting ready to go on his mission in like a week or two. He was supposed to call you.... did he? When I was talking to him he was talking about how he has to go to Provo MTC but he flies out a day early and so he has no where to stay so I may have told him he can stay with you..... haha SURPRIZE! I hope you don't mind! :) He seemed a bit desperate and I thought you might like to hang out with a cool english missionary for a day. sorry, I just felt bad for him. But he is awesome! you will love him. I don't know if he will really call you but I gave him your number just in case. I don't think he can even stay with you cause there's no preisthood at home so then I offered Grandma and Grandpa Richards home hahaha Remember...you love me :) I'm just helping out a fellow missionary!
I'm kinda sad I won't be working at the VC anymore. It's been a good balance to work there twice a week. And you meet so many cool members there! I will miss it. I won't really miss chat. Chat is blah. Sometimes it is pretty cool but I prefer real people as opposed to virtual. The AP's were at the office the other day and one of them decided to get on chat and ask us what Kolob is haha I was talking to people who were in the VC so I wasn't there for it but Sister Howard later said 'what would you tell someone if they asked you what kolob is?' she said she had no idea what to say but the chat disconnected right after he asked so she didn't have to answer anyway. Then a while later we were talking to the AP's and they were like 'does anyone ever ask you weird doctrinal questions like what is Kolob??' haha we were laughing so hard when we found out it was them. It was pretty funny.
Well, we are off to Brighton again today to hang out with the elders. I made sure to charge my camera this time :) I'm excited! I love it in Brighton! It is so fun there.
I hope you are all doing great! It sounds like things are going well. Happy Halloween! We were told this morning that we need to be inside tonight so we are going to see a recent convert tonight and then we are going over to a members home and she does reflexology so she's going to give us a foot massage or something... I don't really know. She just texted us and said 'can I do you feet tonight?' I don't know what she'll be doing but it sounds like fun!
Anyway, I love you!!! Thank you for everything! You are the best!
forget me not.
Love, sister gregson

No comments:

Post a Comment