Monday, November 7, 2011

UK Driver for Life

Moi! Mita cooloo?
(Hello how are you in Finnish)

I passed my driving test!!!!!! yay!!! It was scary, it's way harder to pass the test here than it is in Utah. But it actually went really well. I was so nervous for it but I said lots of prayers and I got a blessing and I even fasted and it definitely helped! So, great news! I now have a uk drivers license that lasts for the rest of my life so if I ever come back to England and live here for over a year I can legally drive haha I'm sure it will come in handy.... On the test you can 15 minor fautls or 1 major fault. If you get one major fault you fail automatically. I got a few minor faults and I actually got one fault that should have been a major and I should have failed but he said I did great on the rest of the test so he decided to pass me. woo! And I've finally mastered parallel parking but it's on the opposite side haha

So I still haven't made it to Exeter... yesterday at church the Haywards Heath ward was really confused that I was still there! They thought the transfers were changed again and they decided to leave me here. Not quite haha They pushed it back even more because Sister Fekete (Sister Howards new companion) is coming from Exeter and she has to get surgery on her knee in London this week so they just left us both in our areas until her surgery came closer. Sister Mills and Sister Fekete are taking the train out here and then I will catch the train back. I think it's like a 4 hour train ride. I passed my driving test and I don't even get a car in my area... hmm.. I'm assuming he'll either give us a car next transfer or he will move me yet again to an area that gets a car. At this point who knows? I can't seem to predict what President Shamo is going to do ever.

I loved all the pics of everyones Halloween costumes. All the kids are growing up soo much!! I can' t believe it! Halloween was pretty funny this year. Last year Sister Boleska and I went knocking/trick or treating. This year we were told to stay inside if we don't have appointments so that day for pday we went to Brighton again. I love it there! And then that night we went to see a recent convert and taught her and then went back to our flat. We didn't have anything to do and we wanted to carve pumpkins but we couldn't find any. lame. But recently when we were on the train to Brighton we saw this pic in a newspaper of a kid who had carved all these figures out a bananas haha we were laughing so hard at it They were actually way good! On one he had carved posiedon and a whole set of horses around him... so Sister Howard decided she wanted to carve SOMETHING on Halloween so she carved a banana haha and then I joined the fun and carved an apple. What a wild night :)

I'm excited to work with Sister Mills. I've heard she is a great missionary. It was so much fun serving with Sister Howard. She is so funny. Did I tell you she aquires the accent of whoever she is talking to? It is hilarious! She says she doesn't do it on purpose and it just comes out that way. She's actually way embarrassed about it but it still happens. It makes me laugh so hard. Her new companion is Hungarian so I'm dying to see what will happen to her accent now! Sister Howard is amazing. I love her. She has changed so much in the time that we have served together. That is something I love about training. You see them really make changes and it is so cool to watch.
This week has just been as crazy as all the others but when I look back on it I have no idea what was even going on. We were busy a lot but not really with teaching or finding. Mostly just busy with practicing for my test and other meetings and being at the VC as well. We got to go to the temple this week. I had to go one last time before I leave because who knows when I will get to come back. I love it there. The London Temple is gorgeous. I wish I could do sessions more often but I've been so blessed to do as many as I have on my mission.

So how is everything back home? Still getting snow? We haven't gotten any yet but I'm sure it will come soon enough. England has been gorgeous lately with all the leaves changing colors. I love it!
The pics of all the kids in the Halloween costumes were soo cute! I wish I could be there. They are growing up so much!
It sounds like everyone is doing great. Thank you for all the letters and emails. I love them! I miss you and I hope you are doing well. Have a great week!! Thanks for everything, you are amazing. I love you!!

Love, chels

No comments:

Post a Comment