Monday, November 21, 2011

Comp Cuts

well just to let you know. I chopped my hair off. yes. yes. I think I cut off about 7 or 8 inches. It is SHORT. sadly no donation to locks of love this time. Sister Mills chopped hers off too so everyone says we look like sisters.

Anyway, how are you?? How has your week been? Is everything ok?
Its been a good week. We've been really busy and it's been so good. We've recovered from the food poisoning :) back to work!
In our mission, December is the lowest baptizing month and a few months ago President Shamo told us to start praying that we could have a baptism in December as a gift to the Savior for his birthday. So I've been praying and praying for that but President hasn't left me anywhere long enough so I kept getting close and then he would just move me. But this weekend in Exeter we found our baptism for the savior!! His name is Martyn. He is married to a member and Sister Mills has been working with him for ages. We taught him at the start of the week and he told us he believes Joseph Smith is a prophet but he doesn't believe the BOM....huh??? one of the Elders were like 'that's like saying Jesus is the Christ but he didn't die for me.' haha We did our best to resolve his problem but it was pretty tough. He said he would keep praying about it though. So then, the Sister in Paignton had called and asked if I would sing Jerusalem at their baptism on Saturday but we could only go if we had an investigator there. Martyn and his wife agreed to come with us. When the baptism started martyn just waited outside. We were pretty sad but right before I sang, his wife grabbed him and told him to come listen so he came in and the rest of the service was so spiritual. It was a great baptism. The sisters had found this couple while knocking recently and the wife was baptized about a month ago and her husband got baptized that night. It was amazing and they looked so happy and I think Martyn noticed that and wants that for him and his wife. Later, when we were having refreshments, Martyn came up to me and showed me his phone and it said 'December 24-Baptize me'
WHAT??! I thought he was joking but he wasn't. I guess he had really felt the spirit at the baptism, plus one of the sisters at the baptism is extremely bold so we just had her use her magic and by the end of the night we chose a baptism date!! Christmas baptism :) I am soo excited!!!! He is such an amazing guy, please pray for him.. he smokes so that will be a bit tough but he has recently given up drinking alcohol and coffee.
That was definitely the highlight of the week.

This week we are going to a familys home for Thanksgiving! I am really excited because she is American so it will actually be a proper Thanksgiving!! :) Pumpkin pie and all.

Things are going great. I love being out here. It is so much fun. Exeter is gorgeous and really cool. We've seen parades in town twice this week. We even saw santa and his real life reindeer. You better believe it :) the other parade was troops who had just gotten back from afghanistan. I think they said there were 600 of them. It was really cool! There is always stuff going on in this town I love it. Street performers are always everywhere too. Sister Mills and I are planning on borrowing a guitar from a member and doing some street performing as a finding tool haha I just need to learn some hymns on the guitar now.
Thanks for everything! I love you. I am so grateful for you and all you do for me! You keep me going! I love you so much! Happy Thanksgiving!

Love, chels

No comments:

Post a Comment